Backyard Ultra Concept
- Runners will have 1 hour to complete the 6.7KM loop, and be at the start line ready to go again exactly one hour after the previous loop. You must complete each loop before the clock reach the next hour, for example 9:59:59 is ok but 10:00:00 is DNF.
- 3, 2, and 1 minute warnings are given prior to the start of a new loop.
- If a runner does not start a loop on time, they are disqualified. No late starts once the bell is rung. You must start each loop on time and be gone from the start area within 1 minute or you are DNF.
- Runners cannot leave the course or receive aid during a loop.
- The winner is the last runner to complete a loop. All other runners are DNF. If no runner completes one more loop than all other runners, there is no winner.
- Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted... including the final lap.
Backyard Ultra Rules & Regulations
- Runners must stay on the course once the bell is rung, the runners cannot visit their crew, their tent, their vehicle or receive aid from anyone.
- The only reason for leaving the course once the bell is rung is to use the porta-potty, or to relieve yourself in the forest.
- Once you finish your loop you may choose to do what you want, but must be back in the starting corral before the bell rings.
- Runners can provide their own aid. There will be a space next to the Start/Finish line to set up a chair, cooler, and other small personal items. A camp area will be close by where you may set up a tent.
- No Pacer allowed on the course.
- No trekking poles is permitted.
A new concept of racing. Runners doesn’t have to be top rank or fast, but endurance and strong will drive them for as long as they can go.
The event lives each loop, and will be update on Malaysia Backyard Ultra FB page. Everyone at home can track your progress. Likewise, you can view your progress on site.