Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
Event Cancellation or Postponement
- All registration by Checkpoint Spot (“CPS”) is as an agent on behalf of the Event Organizer (“ORGANIZER”) and/or Event Owner (“EVENT OWNER”). Promoter and/or Venue Owner are responsible for the Event.
- Any complaints regarding the Event will be directed to and dealt with by the ORGANIZER and/or EVENT OWNER.
- No exchange or cancellation of registration will be made under any circumstances and registration are not transferable.
- No refund on registration will be made under any circumstances except pursuant to conditions set by EVENT OWNER/ORGANIZER (if any).
- REGISTERED PARTICIPANT shall be responsible for all race pack after race pack has been collected. EVENT OWNER and ORGANIZER are not obliged to re-issue, exchange or compensate any lost/damage race pack. Subject to Terms and Conditions.
- The resale of race bib at the same or any price in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited. EVENT OWNER and ORGANIZER reserve the right to cancel race bib that have not been purchased from CPS or any other authorized points of sale.
- REGISTERED PARTICIPANT is responsible to take note of any rules and regulation/terms and conditions set by EVENT OWNER and ORGANIZER.
- The ORGANIZER/EVENT OWNER may use the buyer's image or likeness in any live or recorded video display, photograph or picture.
- No photography, audio or video recording is allowed during the event unless otherwise stated by the ORGANIZER/EVENT OWNER.
- The ORGANIZER may change programmes, event times, and any event related arrangements without prior notice.
- The ORGANIZER/EVENT OWNER may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the Event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond his reasonable control.
- REGISTERED PARTICIPANT shall undertake all risks and dangers which the participant may face while attending the event. The participant accepts that there are risks on the way to, and outside of or within the venue as well as along the route. The risks may include change in weather, the distance to and from the public transport stations or parking area and the venue, the situation on surface or underground, collision with on-site personnel or other participants. The participants hereby clearly state that he will undertake all these risks or dangers. The participants will further undertake all risks of loss of properties in the venue and throughout the route, therefore the participant agrees to release CPS, EVENT OWNER, ORGANIZER, and their respective agents and employees from any liability, regardless of whether injury or loss occurs before, during or after the Event.
- If an event is postponed or cancelled, a Postponement Publicity Notice or a Cancellation Publicity Notice (collectively, the "Notices" or individually, a "Notice") respectively shall be placed in the media by the EVENT OWNER/ORGANIZER. Any refund made by CPS shall only be made out of sums held by CPS for the EVENT OWNER/ORGANIZER as authorized by the prior written agreement with EVENT OWNER/ORGANIZER. The amount of refund will be made on a pro-rated basis ("Pro-rated Amount") in accordance with the amount of the said sums held by CPS and the price paid by the REGISTERED PARTICIPANT for the ticket. CPS shall not be liable to make a refund beyond the Pro-rated Amount under any circumstances.
- CPS shall not be liable and under no obligation to make any refund at all in the Event that the EVENT OWNER/ORGANIZER did not pay in advance the said sums to CPS.
- The Notices shall advise procedures for requesting a refund and the period and time within which the ticket holder could request a refund.
- Refund will not be entertained if a request for a refund is made after the given period from the date of a Notice. Such unrefunded sums shall be dealt with at CPS’s sole discretion.