|Date||13th January 2019 (Sunday)|
|Venue||Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur|
All latest information in relation to the Run will be published on our Facebook Page.
|Entry Fee||RM40 per individual (inclusive of 6% online registration admin fee)|
Please refer to Race Requirement for further details.
- Either one of the parents of the participant shall be a practising lawyer with the Malaysian Bar.
- The participant must be between 7-16 years old at the date of the race.
Part A - General
Part B - Safety
- The KL Bar Run 2019 (Children Race) (“KLBRCR”) is organised by the KLBC Sports Committee (“KLBAR”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R & Rs”) and all the terms and conditions state hereunder in this webpage are applicable to all Participants.
- Completion of the online registration form herein confirms both the Participant’s as well as his or her parent’s or guardian’s agreement to abide and be bound by these R & Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment to and issuance of a receipt by the KLBAR.
- The Participant/ his or her parent/guardian agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant as per the registration form ( “Personal Information”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. KLBAR may contact the Participant/his or her parent or guardian from time to time by way of e-mail, telephone call, or facsimile. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered with KLBAR shall be deemed as received by the Participant /his or her parent or guardian.
- If the Participant/his or her parent or guardian provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, and/or if KLBAR has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, KLBAR may suspend or terminate the Participant’s/his or her parent’s or guardian’s registration. KLBAR is also entitled to disqualify the Participant in the event of the discovery of any such untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete information after the race is completed and/or any time of such discovery.
- KLBAR reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R & Rs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, KLBAR shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, KLBAR will endeavor to take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R & Rs will be updated on the Kuala Lumpur Bar Website at www.klbar.org.my (“Official Website”) or via e-mail to the e-mail address given.
- KLBAR reserves the right to cancel the KLBRCR at any time without prior notice to the Participant/his or her parent or guardian, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant/his or her parent or guardian prior to the date of the event. If the KLBRCR is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. KLBAR, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- KLBAR reserves the right to amend the KLBRCR race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant, to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event and/or for whatever reason which KLBAR deems fit to do so, at any time without prior notice to the Participant/his or her parent or guardian. In such cases, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Participant/his or her parent or guardian prior to the day / date of the event. KLBAR, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- KLBAR reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the KLBRCR, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- KLBAR reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- KLBAR will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete entry details.
- Participant takes part in KLBRCR at his or her own risk and shall be responsible for his or her own safety. It is therefore the Participant’s parent’s or guardian’s responsibility to ensure the safety of the Participant, as well as the fitness and health of the Participant. KLBAR, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in KLBRCR. The Participant/his or her parent or guardian is strongly encouraged to consult a medical practitioner in respect of the Participant’s health prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The race route will NOT be closed to public for the duration of the race.
- Each runner is to complete ONE (1) loop of the race route with a distance of approximately 2 km. KLBAR do not condone any form of cheating including any departure from the designated running route/course. Any form of cheating will result in immediate disqualification of the runner.
- Runner who is between the age of 7-9 shall be accompanied by one (1) adult during the race.
- Each runner will be assigned with a running bib with a unique number. The timing chip is attached to the running bib. Participants must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing the official running bib will be disqualified from the run.
- Any misuse or tampering with the running bib will render the timing chip faulty and may result in the timing of the runner not being captured properly.
- ‘Gun Time’ will be used to determine winners.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed to be used by the Participants on the race route.
- A Participant must be between 7-16 years old on the race day to participate in the KLBRCR.
- Participants must be physically fit and in good health to complete the race distance within the designated Cut-Off time.
- Participants/his or her parent or guardian are responsible for the Participant’s own personal health insurance and well being. KLBAR assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage that occurs from training, during or as a result of the event. Participants are encouraged to obtain medical clearance prior to the event.
- The KLBRC is opened to children of members of the Malaysian Bar.
- KLBAR reserves all rights to reject and/or cancel any registration of any individual which fails to fulfill the Race Requirements stated herein.
- After registration and payment of registration fees, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the KLBRCR, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party after his or her registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race OR does not fully complete the route will be disqualified.
- An individual who does not start within 5 minutes from the flag off time will be disqualified.
- Results as determined by the KLBAR shall be FINAL and no appeal will be allowed. No dispute will be entertained.
- KLBAR reserves all rights to disqualify any individual who is found to be cheating, refusing to adhere to the R & Rs and/or in any way behaving in a manner which KLBAR in its absolute discretion finds to be offensive or inappropriate.
The Cut-off time for the KLBRCR is 30 minutes from the flag-off time.
- Participants who successfully complete the race (2km) (or any distance as will be decided by KLBAR) within the Cut-Off Time will be awarded with a Finisher Medal.
- All Finisher Medals are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race can download their e-certificate from Checkpoint Website after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the Cut-Off Time, or are disqualified or did not complete the race.
- Each Participant will be assigned with a running bib that has a timing chip attached to it.
- The Participant or his/her parent/guardian MUST report at the Registration Counter and collect the running bibs 30 minutes before the flag-off time. Latecomers will be disqualified from the race without notice.
- Late collection will not be entertained and KLBAR shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s /his or her parent’s or guardian’s inability to collect the running bib. For avoidance of doubt, KLBAR is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her running bib. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant/his or her parent or guardian to collect the running bib. Running bibs not collected 30 minutes prior to flag-off time will be deemed to be unwanted, and KLBAR shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
Trophies will be awarded to Top 5 individuals with fastest overall timing.
- Your results (name and timing) will be published on KL Bar Website, Checkpoint website and KL Bar Run Facebook Page once finalised.
- The master list will contain particulars (name and timing) of all other Participants in this event.
There will be a refreshment station located near the Start/Finish Line.
Marshals will be stationed at strategic points along the race route.
- By registering, you the PARENT/GUARDIAN (whichever is applicable) of the participant (“Participant”) in the KLBRCR hereby voluntarily, unconditionally, and irrevocably confirm, acknowledge, and agree to the following:-
- You agree to the Participant’s participation and attendance in the KLBRCR organised by KLBAR which will take place at Lake Gardens on 13th January 2019 (Sunday). You understand that despite being below the age of 18, the Participant will be allowed to participate in KLBRCR on a non-competitive basis;
- You fully understand the nature, extent, and the risk involved in the KLBRCR and you will ensure that the Participant will be adequately geared, dressed, and equipped accordingly;
- You warrant that the Participant is physically fit and mentally prepared for the KLBRCR and the Participant is not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair the Participant’s abilities to safely participate in the KLBRCR;
- You understand and acknowledge that the participation in the KLBRCR may involve risks and dangers and you agree that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether the Participant is sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the KLBRCR and the Participant will participate in the KLBRCR at the Participant’s own risk and expense;
- You will not in any circumstance hold KLBAR, the organiser, co-organiser, organising committee and/or any personnel/partner/sponsor involved in the organising and/or sponsoring of the KLBRCR (including their representatives, staff, employees, volunteers, mentors, teachers, and contractors, etc) [hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Organiser” and the aforesaid expression shall mean all or any of them] responsible against any damage, liability, proceeding, claim, compensation, cost and expense that may arise from the Participant’s participation in the KLBRCR. You expressly waive all claims for any injury, death and invalidity to the Participant which may be caused by any act, omission, or failure to act on the part of the Organiser during the course of the KLBRCR;
- You have duly informed KLBAR in writing of the Participant’s physical impairment, medical conditions, allergies, illnesses, diseases and any condition of importance and critical nature (if any). You shall not in any way hold the Organiser responsible or liable to any injury, death, damage to property suffered by the Participant as a result of such physical impairment, medical conditions, allergies, illnesses, diseases, and any condition of importance and critical nature;
- You shall be held solely responsible for the Participant’s personal belongings and properties and the Organiser shall not in any way be held responsible for any loss or damage to the Participant’s personal belongings and properties;
- You fully authorise the Organiser to assess the Participant’s condition and to perform and administer first aid medical treatment as they may deem necessary, and/or to seek more specialised medical treatment at clinics, hospitals, or other health care providers if deem necessary in the case of emergency;
- You have duly informed KLBAR in writing of the Participant’s emergency contact details and will ensure that such emergency contact remain available during the course of the KLBRCR;
- You agree that you have read and understood the contents of this WAIVER AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT CLAUSE and you hereby confirm that all the details as provided in this form is complete, accurate, and updated and you agree it is your responsibility to inform us from time to time in writing of any updated information. You agree that the Organiser shall have your unequivocal consent to process the Participant’s Personal Data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for the purpose of KLBRCR;
- You agree to the use of photographs, video recordings, posters, audio recordings, statements, conversations, data and/or survey data which may contain the Participant’s image, voice, and/or opinion [hereinafter collectively and individually referred to as “Image”] by the Organiser for the limited purposes of promoting and marketing KLBRCR on any media including social media and/or for any educational and research purpose and/or for publication by the Malaysian Bar and/or KLBAR. You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grant to the Organiser the absolute and worldwide right to use the Image for the limited purpose of promoting and marketing KLBRCR and/or for any educational and research purpose and/or for publication by the Malaysian Bar and/or KLBAR, without any notification, payment or compensation to you.