Melaka Hatten City Vertical Run 2017 is organized by Irongirl Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations that are applicable to all participants.Registration
- All Participants must register online by providing their names, NRIC numbers, gender, contact numbers and email addresses.
- Upon successful registration, each participant will receive a confirmation slip via email. The confirmation slip is the only valid evidence of registration. All participants are required to present their respective confirmation slip during Race Entry Pack Collection Day.
- The Event is open to all participants aged 18 years and above (except for Special Junior category). Age qualification is taken as at time of registration.
- The Organizer reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
- The Organizer will not be held liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, to any items during the Event.
- Participation is at the Participant’s own risk. The Organizer is not liable for any damages in the event of accident, injury, death or any circumstances, by whatever name, suffered by a Participant as a result of the participation in the Event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any publicity purposes.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- Participants are required to wear the race bib at the front and timing chip (if any) during the event day.
- The Participant agrees to provide accurate, complete and updated information through the online registration form. The Organizer reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration should any incorrect, untrue or incomplete information be found.
- A race confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address to confirm the Participant’s race entry and for race kit collection purpose. Please kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately on/or before the closing date if you did not receive any confirmation email. Otherwise, any updates and notices sent to the Participant’s registered email address shall be deemed as received by the participant.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- Participants below 12 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before participating in the Event. Participant’s registration is only valid upon confirmation of payment of the participation fees.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the Event, for any reasons whatsoever.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party.
- Participants are to pick up their race kits on the designated day and the Organizer will not entertain requests for alternative collection day or method.
- Participants who wish to downgrade their category (ie. change of category to lower value) must do so before the closing dates. No refunds will be made for the difference in pricing. All requests for change must be in writing.
- Participants who wish to upgrade their category (ie. change of category to higher value) must do so before closing dates. Top up of the price difference must be made in order for the change to take place. All requests for change must be in writing
- The Organizer reserves the right to prevent and disqualify Participants from the Event and not provide a Finisher’s medal for:
- Participants who did not wear their allocated bib number at all times during the race;
- Participants, who commence running before the actual start time of the race category for which they registered.
- Participants who do not start within 15 minutes from respective flag off;
- Participants who were found to have transferred or exchanged their running bibs;
- Participants who did not run in their registered race category; and
- Participants who did not run on the designated path for the entire route.
- Timing will be monitored through a timing device attached to the running bib. The Organizer is strictly not responsible for any faulty timing device which results from attempts to remove such timing device or lack of care for the device.
- No pets and vehicles are allowed on the course during the race except official race and medical vehicles.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event without any prior notification and also delay the commencement of the race under any unforeseen circumstances. There will be NO refund if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the organizer and which renders it is impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
- Strict Rules during Run to observe :
- Don't rest on the stairs, rest at the corner of the landing.
- Since the stair case is anti-clockwise (always turning left) please keep to the right if you know someone is going to overtake you.
- Practice good sportsmanship. Don't push, pull or be a road block to people behind you who needs to overtake you. Allow people to overtake if they are able/strong.
- The race is not a place for social gathering. No chatting, no socialising until you pass the finishing line. The staircase is very narrow so every inch of free space counts.
- You are allowed 10 mins at the rooftop thereafter you have to make your way to the ground floor. This is to avoid crowds at the lifts.
- Pace yourself. All too often people start the stair case really fast until they reach the 10th floor. Start slow, and build speed gradually. Or if you don't have speed, at least try to climb the stairs non stop.
- No water bottles, no gel packs (you may have to consume and keep in pockets and throw into a dustbin but not on the stair case).
Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/ or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day. The Organizer reserves the right to stop any participants deemed physically incapable of continuing the race to prevent further injuries.Personal Data
By participating in the Event, you are agreeing to the Organizer storing and using your information as well as any images shared for any marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third parties unless you have (via other avenues) specifically agreed to us sharing these details.Finisher Medals
Finisher medals will be awarded upon completion of the run.
Registered participants who do not turn up in person on Race Day will be not be given the medal unless with the approval of the organiser on condition that the runners take it from the organiser’s office. Podium Winners
Please produce your identity cards or passports upon presenting the winners tag. The winners tag are given to you upon the preliminary result awaiting clarification from the marshalls on the validity of your position according to the checkpoints and the timing system. Upon the clearance of the referees we will proceed to validate the position of the winners and to call the winners on stage for prize giving. Should the referees find evidence that you have not pass the checkpoints or your timing does not reasonably indicate that you passed the required checkpoint whereas the referees has suspicion of any cheating, he will be entitled to disqualify your win, to which your position will be given to the next person coming in behind you. Timing Chip
A timing chip to be attached to the bib will be issued upon the collection of the Race Entry Pack for participants who have registered.Refreshment Stations
There will be 3 refreshment stations serving drinks along the Route Check Points
There will be checkpoints along the route to ensure fair competition and no cheating takes place.
Marshals will be stationed at strategic points to ensure everyone runs on the right route.