STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The most important rule is that this race is not about winning, It is about Fun, Teamwork and Camaraderie!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Online Registration.
- Online registration without payment will not be accepted.
- Transfer of registration is not permissible.
- The Participant is responsible for the accuracy and correctness of the information provided in the registration form.
- Participants under the age 18 must obtain their parents or guardians permission to participate. This is done through the online registration process and must sign the electronic waiver.
- The Organizer is not responsible to check and verify the information provided or consents given by the Participant.
In consideration of accepting this entry and allowing me (and my team members) to participate in the Event, I, the undersigned (for myself, my heirs, executors, legal representatives, team members) hereby freely and voluntarily agree with the Event organiser that:
COURSE PROTOCOL AND SAFETY ISSUES
- I acknowledge that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the legal guardian of the child, and that I have read and understood the contents of this document.
- I have consent from my legal guardian and/or my parents in participating in the event (for participants below 18 years old)
- I declare that I am deemed physically fit and medically fit to participate in this event. I also confirm that I have no physical or medical condition, which in my knowledge would endanger others or myself while participating in the Event.
- I consent to the free use of my name, photographs, likeness and/or voice to appear in any documentary, promotional (including advertisements), television, radio or film coverage of the Event and without compensation or further notice, and I agree to assign all copyright or other interests therein to the Event.
- I agree to pay the full amount of participant fee as advertised by the event organizer, and further agree that event organizer reserve the rights to refuse my entry should the total participation received from me is less than the advertised amount. I also agree to bear whatsoever transaction fees or costs arise from the transaction of my participant fees to the event organizer.
- I will not request for a refund to the registration fees in the case of my withdrawal of participation in the event. I also agree not to request for refund to the registration if the Event is cancelled or postponed due to the reasons of Force Majeure. Force Majeure shall mean all events which are beyond the reasonable control of and unforeseeable by the Organiser, and which occurs on or before the Event, and the occurrence of any such events results in the fact that it is impossible or impractical for the Organiser to perform or conduct the Event.
- Being fully aware of the risks, conditions and hazards associated with this Event, I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND DISCHARGE the event organiser, event sponsors, partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and/or agents involved in the Event from any and all liability for accident, injury or damage to me or the person under my care or property howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the Event.
- I FURTHER AGREE TO WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, assignees and successors an interest in any and all claims of damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I may have or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in the Event against the event organiser, event sponsors, partners and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, volunteers and/or agents.
- Participants agree to ride the designated route, observe all signage instructions and directions,
follow all safety regulations and adhere to course marshal’s instructions.
- Participants agree to obey the course cut-off times and abide to the course marshals’ instructions and directions to reach the finish by a revised route.
- Participants must not litter the course, damage the environment or harm wildlife.
- Participants arriving late may not join the event once the ride sweeper has left and the Organizer has closed the
- Participants failing to follow the above shall be disqualified from this event, lose their entitlement to a finishers medal and E-Certificate.
- By enrolling in the event the participant declares that he consents to provide first aid, perform other medical procedures and transport the victim to a safe place, medical and paramedical personnel acting on behalf of the organizer.
- Participant acknowledges that participation in a sporting event is associated with physical effort and entails the natural risk of accidents, injuries and physical injuries (including death), as well as damages and losses of property. In addition, participation in the competition may involve different, impossible at this time to predict risk factors. The signing of a declaration of knowledge of the regulations means that the Participant has considered and assessed the scope and nature of the risks of participation in the event, takes part voluntarily and at own risk.
- The safety of our participants, volunteers, spectators, marshals, and everyone else is our top priority.
Participants agree that the Organizer has the right to do any of the following:
- Change the route.
- Delay, abandon, postpone or cancel the event on the occurrence of any event beyond the control of the Organizer or if conditions are deemed unsafe by the Organizer without refund of the registration fee.
- Retire any Participant for health and safety reasons deemed as appropriate by the Organizer.
- Bared or eliminate any participant for breach of the standard terms and conditions or for behaviour deemed unsporting by the Organizer.
- Inspect and check any items or luggage whether deposited in the bag drop or elsewhere.
- Use the names, photographs and video recordings taken before, during or after the event for promotional purpose
- Delete, change or amend the standard terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and which will be binding on all participants.
- Disobeying instructions from a race official/marshals or safety staff
- Disobeying instructions not to advance
- During the competition, the official medical staff is allowed to withdraw a participant/s who is/are not physically able to continue the race.
- Sabotage (of another competitor or the course)
- Use of an unauthorized means of transport
- Abandoning a team member/s during race
- Violation over the identity of a competitor or change of a team member during race
- Intervention or assistance from an unauthorized person.
- The ‘Gun Time’ will be use to determine the winners for each of the following categories
- The ‘Net Time’ will be used to get an overall ranking in all competitive categories
- Participants not finishing the race within the time limit may continue the race (previous authorization of Race Control), but will not be taken into account in the classifications (DNF).
- Participants must finish the competitive within a stipulated time to be eligible for the finisher certificates. The cut-off times as follows 4.0hours
- The following cut-off times along the route for ALPHA Wilderness Mountain Bike Challenge participants are strictly enforced :
KM11 : 2.0Hours (0930am)
KM14 : 3.5Hours (1100am)
- All disputes, not included in the rules, will be decided by the Race Director.
PARTICIPANTS, PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS AND AGREEMENTS
- On the making of the race entry Participants acknowledge adventure ride is a hazardous sport and that they take part
at their own risk.
- In doing so Participants accept full responsibility and liability for any mishap, injury, damage, accident, ill health,
incapacitation or death resulting from participation in the event howsoever caused and Participants, together with
their heirs, successors and assigns, release and hold harmless from any liability the Organizer, its agents, event
sponsors, the property owner together with all appointed officials including but not limited to course marshals, first
responders and medical support personnel.
- Participants agree and accept that the Organizer will not be responsible for any loss or damage, personal or
otherwise to Participants belongings and in particular for items deposited at the Bag Drop.
- By making an application and participating in the Event the Applicant and or Participant agrees to be bound by
These Terms and Conditions including Event Information and any decision of the Organizer.
- The Participant confirms they have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and Event Information.
- The Participant confirms that they have no medical condition that would affect their safety and physical wellbeing
arising from participation in the Event and that they are medically, physically fit and competent to participate.
- The Participant and their heirs, successors and assigns, accept full responsibility and assumes full liability for all
and any risks and has agreed to release the Organizer from any liability from entry and participation in the Event.
- The Participant agrees that the Organizers decision on any matter relating to the Event shall be final and binding
upon them and that no further correspondence or disputation will be entertained by the Organizer.
- For Participants under the age of 18 who participate with parent or guardian permission the parent or guardian
acknowledges, accepts and agrees to the responsibilities, disclaimers and waivers mentioned in the Terms and Condition.