Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizers to ensure the participants safety, participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
The organizers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of heavy rain or thunder storm or Air Pollution Index hits the unhealthy level or any other extreme weather condition. Should the heavy rain, thunder storm or haze or extreme weather condition persist after delay, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refund. In the event of heavy rain or thunder storm or catastrophic or natural disaster resulting in a postponement or cancellation of the above event, the organisers shall not be held responsible for any claims whatsoever in any form made by any individual or parties concerned.
The organizers reserves the right to use any photograph (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the event taken before, during and after the event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to sponsors.
- The Sharp - I love Shah Alam (“SILSA”) 2019 is owned and organized by Sharp Electronics Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (referred to herein as the “SEM”). SEM in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&R”) and all the Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”) applicable to the Participants, can be found at checkpointspot.asia (the “Registration Portal and Apps”).
- By continuing to use SEM’s services, accessing any part of the portal, and registering for the “SILSA”, submitting information to SEM (and/or its related entities) whether for the purpose of registering for the “SILSA” or otherwise, as well as using any features of the aforementioned portal, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the R&R. Further, you hereby expressly agree and consent to SEM (including its related entities), collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. In connection with the purposes aforementioned, the company is hereby permitted to disclose such personal data to the relevant authorities, the company’s successor in interest, sponsors, advertisers, solicitors, insurers, adjusters, other advisers, suppliers, contractors and/or service providers, and the company’s parent company, group of companies, related and associated companies, affiliates and partners, some of whom may be outside Malaysia, who may undertake administrative, management and operational functions for or on behalf of the company in respect of or arising from the commercial transaction or to support sales, marketing, promotion and/or advertising efforts.
- Completion of the registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&R.
- Registration for the “SILSA” is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of the “SILSA” running identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the ”Personal Information”) and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SEM may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with SEM shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SEM has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SEM may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the portal (or any parts thereof).
- SEM reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, SEM shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, SEM will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the portal.
- SEM reserve the right to cancel the “SILSA” 2019 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the “SILSA” 2019 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. SEM, Co-Organisers, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- SEM reserves the right to amend the “SILSA” 2019 running routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. SEM, Co-Organisers, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by SEM to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in “SILSA” 2019 at his or her own risk. SEM, Co-Organisers, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in “SILSA” 2019. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual running day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- Participants must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- SEM reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the “SILSA” 2019, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- SEM reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the “SILSA” 2019, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party or change race categories after his or her registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the portal.
- A Participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- A Participant must be 15 years and above on the race day to participate in the “SILSA”.
- Any Participant below the age of 15 is required to seek parental/guardian consent when registering, failing which SEM reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- SEM will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage to a Participant’s belongings, personal or otherwise.
- The run categories for participation are as follows:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Men Junior Veteran
- Men Senior Veteran
- Women Veteran
- Men Junior
- Women Junior
- Family Participants
- All Participants must assemble at the designated reporting location (Parking Area, Sharp Electronics Malaysia) at the stipulated time (07:00am). All participants are required to be punctual for the run.
- This is a fun run without prizes. However, participants are automatically eligible for the Lucky Draw.
Run Entry Pack Collection
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Run Entry Pack”) which includes the run bib, T-shirt, and other novelties at the Run Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the portal. If Participants are unable to collect their Run Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative.
- The T-shirt sizes are subject to availability and T-shirts in the next best size will be issued to a Participant in the event that the previously chosen size is no longer available.
- Late collection will not be entertained and SEM shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Run Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, SEM is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Run Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Run Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Run Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and SEM shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
Terms & Conditions Governing “SILSA” 2019
- Participants who are eligible for more than one discount will enjoy the single highest discounted rate available upon registration. Offers cannot be combined with other promotional prices or discounts.
- All prices indicated are in Malaysia Ringgit (MYR).