VENUE / RACE CIRCUIT
Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS)
Distance per loop: 1.3528km
DATE AND TIME
Flag off : 26 January 2019, Saturday, 1400hrs
Ends : 27 January 2019, Sunday, 1400hrs
|25 January 2019, Friday
|| Race pack collection
|| Pre-event Pasta Party
|26 January 2019, Saturday
||Participants assemble at START/FINISH line
(Participant who does not cross the start line at event start ime will be considered as voluntarily withdraw from the event)
|11 February 2019, Sunday
Post giving snacks
- The 24H is open to male and female of all nationalities.
- Participant must have reached at least 16 years old on 26 January 2019.
- Individual who had previously registered for the Event but did not start (DNS) without giving prior notification to the Organiser, will not be accepted entry.
- Individual who had previously registered for the Event but did not start (DNS) for 2 times or more, despite the Organiser was given prior notification, will not be accepted entry.
- Individual who had previously participated in the Event using number bib issued for others, without authorization from the Organiser, will not be accepted entry.
ENTRY FEE :
Entries and Closing Date
Entry Withdrawal and Transfer
- The 24H is limited to maximum 80 participants only and entry is on a first come first served basis.
- Registration must be made online.
- An entry is deemed confirmed only after the entry fee has been received by the Organizer and an email confirmation is issued.
- Registration closes on 15 November 2018.
- The Organizer reserves the right to reject any entry(ies), even after the issuance of an email confirmation, without giving any reason and any decision of rejection shall be final.
- The entry fee will not be refunded if any participant withdraws from the event for whatsoever reason.
- Transfer of entry to another name for whatsoever reason, is strictly not allowed and request will not be entertained.
RANKING AND DETERMINATION OF FINISHERS AND WINNERS
SOLVING A TIE
- All participants must start at the START/FINISH LINE at 1400hrs on 26 January 2019, failing such shall result to the participant being considered as voluntarily withdrawing from the Event.
- Subject to any penalty or disqualification by the Organizer, the participant of each category who has covered the longest distance shall be declared as the winner of the respective category.
- The 24H shall be deemed to have been concluded at the end of the 24th hour from its commencement.
- A participant is considered as finisher only if he/she remains in the Event venue and return his/her number bib to the Organizer at the end of the race.
REWARDS & AWARDS
- In the event of more than one competitor being adjudged to have finished the race with the same distances, a count-back will be applied, where the competitor covering the most number of laps of the circuit during the last 9, 6, 3 hours of the race shall decide the winner.
- The top three finishers of each category regardless of age, win a trophy.
- Each participant receives a personalized Event t-shirt. Desired size is subject to availability and is on a first come first served basis. Shirt size change is absolutely NOT allowed.
- Finisher receives a personalized finisher medal.
- All finisher medals will be awarded on-site at the event during the prize giving only.
LEAVING THE COMPETITION VENUE
- Each participant will be provided with a number bib with timing chip attached.
- Participant shall wear only number bib provided by the Organizer and be pinned onto the clothing, in front at ALL TIMES during the race. Failure to abide to this rule may result to penalty or disqualification.
- The number bib must be displayed in full and not be in any way folded.
- Tampering with the number bib during the race may result to penalty or disqualification.
- Transfer of number bib to another participant or person is strictly prohibited and shall result to disqualification and permanently banned from the 24H.
CONDUCT AND ETIQUETTE
- A participant must remain within the Event venue at ALL TIMES during the race.
- A participant leaving the Event venue for whatsoever reason shall automatically be considered as voluntarily withdrawing from the Event.
SUPPORTERS / PACER
- All participants should practice good etiquette and the overriding principle is that consideration should be shown to other participants and working crew, at all times.
- Any jostling, obstruction or interpersonal act of aggression by one participant against another aimed at impeding his/her progress shall result to penalty or disqualification.
- Participants must refrain from wearing attires that display unethical messages or with design/materials that may cause disturbances to other participants or provoke controversy act by other participants, the local and national authorities.
- Rubbish should be thrown into bins provided at designated areas within the Event venue. Littering is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and when caught, shall result to penalty.
FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
- Participant’s supporter / pacer is not allowed on the race circuit during the race.
- Walking sticks are forbidden on the circuit.
- A refreshment station will be operational throughout the duration of the Event.
- Beverages: Drinking water, carbonated drinks, fruit juice, isotonic / energy drink, coffee, tea, chocolate
- ○ Fruits
- Solid food: eg. Pastas, puree, boiled potatoes, rice, bread, hard-boiled eggs, sausage
- Snacks: eg Cakes, chips, chocolate, nuts, cereal bars
- Participants are required to bring their own cup / bottle for beverages and eating utensils.
- A specific zone with tables and chairs will be cordoned off on the course for personal provisionings.
- Participants are required to bring their own sleeping materials - sleeping bag, air mattress, pillow, blankets etc.
- Participant may setup his/her own camping tent at designated area within the Event venue. However, all tents must be taken down and removed within 2 hours after the prize giving ceremony ends. All rubbishes must be cleared from the campsite.
- Campfires are strictly prohibited.
- Toilets - existing facilities of the venue.
- Shower - water hose will be provided in the existing toilets for participants to take shower and participant must bring their own toiletries and towels. As there are limited toilet and shower facilities available in the venue, participants are required to take turn and be considerate to their fellow competitors.
- Participants should bring only bare essential belongings required for the Event.
- A designated baggage area will be provided for participant who comes alone, to leave their belongings, which shall be collected within 30 minutes after the race finishes.
- The Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or damage to the items placed at the designated baggage area or anywhere of the Event venue.
- Medical and physiotherapy volunteers will be present on-site for the duration of the Event.
INCLEMENT WEATHER AND SUSPENSION OF EVENT
- Decision of the Chief Race Officer appointed by the Organizer is final.
- In the absence of a Chief Race Officer, any dispute or doubtful point of the rules must be put forward to the Organizer whose decision shall be final.
INDEMNITY AND LIABILITY
- The Organizer will make every effort to complete the Event in its entirety. However, the Organizer reserves the right to suspend or abandon the Event as necessary if weather-related circumstances require such action. In the unlikely event, conditions warrant such action, the Organizer will then decide the competition and all participants will be informed accordingly.
VIOLATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The participant warrants that he/she is medically fit to participate in the Event and the Organizer and its staff shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or harm or any form of injuries the participant of the 24H may suffer as a result of their participation in the Event.
- The Organizer and its staff shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any item of personal effects occurred during the 24H.
USAGE OF IMAGES
- Any participant found to be violating the terms of the 24H or have not provided true or correct information in the registration form would be disqualified from the Event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to revoke any title and/or reclaim any prize awarded to any winner of the 24H in the event such winner is found to have not complied with the Event rules and regulations.
ADDITIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any name, photograph, video and/or image of any participant taken during the course of the Event for advertising, promotional and trade.
- The Organizer reserves to the right to add, delete or make any amendments to the terms & conditions and rules & regulations without giving any reason whatsoever and without prior notice.