|Date||21st January 2018 (Sunday)|
|Flag-off Time||7:00 a.m.|
|Distance||Approximately 3.1km x 4 = 12.4km|
All latest information in relation to the Run will be published on our Facebook Page.
|Entry Fee||RM220 per team for the first 45 teams (early bird registration) (inclusive of 6% GST and 6% online registration admin fee)|
RM260 per team for subsequent teams (inclusive of 6% GST and 6% online registration admin fee)
Please refer to Race Requirement for further details.
- 4 runners with at least one (1) female runner and one (1) male runner.
- Each team must consist of at least two (2) existing practising lawyers and/or pupils in chambers with the option of having two (2) member who holds a LL.B Degree.
Part A - General
Part B - Safety
- The KL Bar Run 2018 (“KLBR”) is organised by the KLBC Sports Committee (“KLBAR”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R & Rs”) and all the terms and conditions state hereunder in this webpage are applicable to all Participants.
- By signing up/registering for the KLBR and submitting information to KLBAR through this website, whether for the purpose of registering or otherwise, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the R & Rs and the Private Policy as published in Kuala Lumpur Bar website at www.klbar.org.my in respect of KLBAR’s collection, use, disclosure, and any other form of processing of your personal data.
- Completion of the online registration form herein confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide and be bound by these R & Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a receipt.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. KLBAR may contact the Participant from time to time by way of e-mail, telephone call, or facsimile. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered with KLBAR shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, and/or if KLBAR has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, KLBAR may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration. KLBAR is also entitled to disqualify the team/participant in the event of the discovery of any such untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete information after the race is completed and/or any time of such discovery.
- KLBAR reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R & Rs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, KLBAR shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, KLBAR will endeavor to take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R & Rs will be updated on the Kuala Lumpur Bar Website at www.klbar.org.my (“Official Website”) or via e-mail to you.
- KLBAR reserves the right to cancel the KLBR at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the KLBR is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. KLBAR, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- KLBAR reserves the right to amend the KLBR race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant, to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event and/or for whatever reason which KLBR deems fit to do so, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. KLBAR, Event Sponsors o loss or inconvenience caused.
- KLBAR reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the KLBR, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- KLBAR reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- KLBAR will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete entry details.
Part C – Race Format
- Participant takes part in KLBR at his or her own risk and shall be responsible for his or her own safety. KLBAR, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in KLBR. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner in respect of his or her health prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The race route will NOT be closed to public for the duration of the race.
- Each team member is to complete ONE (1) loop of the race route with a distance of approximately 3.1 km. KLBAR do not condone any form of cheating including any departure from the designated running route/course. Any form of cheating will result in immediate disqualification of the team from the race.
- Each team will be assigned with a baton in the form of Plastic Gavel with a timing chip attached to it.
- Each runner will be assigned with the Team’s Number. For example: Team 1001 will receive four (4) running bibs – 1001A (1st Runner), 1001B (2nd Runner), 1001C (Third Runner), and 1001D (4th Runner). Participants must attach the assigned bib on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing the official running bib will be disqualified from the run. All team members in a team must wear the bib bearing the bib number assigned to the team.
- All runners must hold the baton during his or her leg of the run.
- The baton must be passed to the subsequent runner at the handover area within the allowed hand over zone.
- DO NOT BLOCK the timing chip when the runner crosses the timing mat. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Runner shall cross the timing mat with the baton ONCE while the 4th Runner shall cross the timing mat TWICE (after taking over the baton from the 3rd runner and after finishing his or her leg of the race).
- All batons must be returned to organiser before the close of the event. If the batons are not returned to KLBAR, KLBAR will reserve the right to claim for losses against the participants.
- Any misuse or tampering with the timing chip/baton will render the timing chip faulty and may result in the timing of the team not being captured properly.
- There will be checkpoint(s) during the course of the race and any runner who return without the identification item given out at the checkpoint(s) will be disqualified from the race.
- The designated first runners are to assemble at the starting point 10 minutes before the flag off time while the 2nd, 3rd and 4th runners are to assemble at the waiting area and be ready to wait for the return of the 1st runner at the Hand Over Area. The race repeats until all four (4) members complete one (1) loop of the race route.
- The first team whose 4th runner crosses the finish line with the baton will be declared the winner unless technical disputes arise or any reason whatsoever which KLBAR deems fit to declare otherwise.
- ‘Gun Time’ will be used to determine winners.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed to be used by the Participants on the race route.
- No substitutions are allowed before or on race day without prior written consent from KLBAR.
- A Participant must be 18 years and above on the race day to participate in the KLBR.
- Participants must be physically fit and in good health to complete their chosen race distance within the designated Cut-Off time.
- Participants are responsible for their own personal health insurance and well being. KLBAR assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage that occurs from training, during or as a result of the event. Participants are encouraged to consult with their medical practitioner prior to the event.
- The KLBR is opened to all members of the Malaysian Bar, pupils in chambers, and anyone who holds a LL.B degree subject to Rule (5) and Rule (6) below.
- Each team must consist of four (4) members with a minimum of one (1) male runner and one (1) female runner.
- Each team must consist of at least two (2) existing practising lawyers and/or pupils in chambers with the option of having two (2) members who holds a LL.B Degree.
- KLBC reserves all rights to reject and/or cancel any registration of any team which fails to fulfill with the Race Requirements stated herein.
- Examples of team formation are as follows:-
- Jane (F) (Lawyer) + John (M) (Lawyer) + Jean (F) (Pupil) + Jim (M) (Legal adviser)
- Jane (F) (Lawyer) + John (M) (Lawyer) + Jim (M) (Lawyer) + Jack (M) (Judge)
- Jane (F) (Pupil) + Jean (F) (Pupil) + Jessica (F) (Pupil) + Jack (M) (DPP)
- Jane (F) (Lawyer) + John (M) (Pupil) + Jim (M) (In-House Counsel) + Jean (F) (former lawyer)
- Jane (F) (Lawyer) + John (M) (Pupil) + Jim (M) (Former Lawyer) + Jean (F) (law graduate)
Please note that the team name cannot exceed 18 alphabets to ensure that it will fit into the event bib.
- After registration and payment of registration fees, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the KLBR, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party after his or her registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race OR does not fully complete the route will be disqualified.
- A team who does not start within 15 minutes from the flag off time will be disqualified.
- Results as determined by the KLBAR shall be FINAL and no appeal will be allowed. No dispute will be entertained.
- KLBAR reserves all rights to disqualify any team whose member/members are found to be cheating, refusing to adhere to the R & Rs and/or in any way behaving in a manner which KLBAR in its absolute discretion found to be offensive or inappropriate.
The Cut-off time for the entire team is 120 minutes from the flag-off time.
- All four (4) team members in a team who successfully complete the race (4 x 3.1km) (or any such distance as will be decided by KLBAR) within the Cut-Off Time will be awarded with a Finisher Medal and an Event Tee Shirt each upon return of the baton.
- All Finisher’s Medals and Event Tee Shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race can download their e-certificate from Checkpoint Website after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the Cut-Off Time, or are disqualified or did not complete the race.
- Each team will be assigned with a baton in the form of Plastic Gavel with a timing chip attached to it.
- The Team Captain MUST report at the Registration Counter and collect the baton and running bibs 30 minutes before the flag-off time. Latecomers will be disqualified from the race without notice.
- Late collection will not be entertained and KLBAR shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their running bibs. For avoidance of doubt, KLBAR is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her their running bib. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her running bib. Running bibs not collected 30 minutes prior to flag-off time will be deemed to be unwanted, and KLBAR shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- Trophies will be awarded to Top 5 teams with fastest overall timing. The teams who won the Champion Trophy, the First Runner-Up Trophy, the Second Runner-Up Trophy, the 4th Placing Trophy and the 5th Placing Trophy respectively may, at the discretion of the KLBAR, keep the Trophies for 3 months from race day before returning the same to the KL Bar Secretariat. The winning teams’ name will also be engraved on these contesting trophies.
- In the event there is any damage to the trophies or the trophies are not returned to the KL Bar Secretariat within the time stipualted, the team shall bear the cost of repair or replacement of the trophies.
Trophies will be awarded to Top 5 Fanciest Dressed teams. Results will be announced during the prize presentation ceremony on event day.
Trophies will be awarded to Top 5 Fastest Male Runners and Top 5 Fastest Female Runners based on their individual timings recorded by the official timing device.
- Your team results (name of runners and timing) will be published on KL Bar Website, Checkpoint website and KL Bar Run Facebook Page once finalised.
- The master list will contain particulars (name of runners, team name and timing) of all other teams participating in this event.
There will be a refreshment station located near the Start/Finish Line.
- Public car park is located next to the playground in Lake Gardens. There are also public parking spaces at the side of the road leading towards Lake Gardens. However, please note that the parking spaces are limited and taken up rather early by public runners.
- You are advised to arrive early at the venue.
- You are also encouraged to car pool with your team members.
- For those who are members of the Royal Lake Club, you may park your vehicle in Royal Lake Club and walk towards Lake Gardens.
- Please do not park your car indiscriminately.
Marshals will be stationed at strategic points along the race route.
- By registering you hereby confirm that (1) you have fulfilled with the race requirements as stated in the Rules and Regulations attached hereto and you are in good health and proper physical condition to participate in the KL BAR RUN 2018; (2) you are not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair your abilities to safely participate in the KL BAR RUN 2018.
- You understand and acknowledge that the participation in the KL BAR RUN 2018 may involve risks and dangers and you agree that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the KL BAR RUN 2018 and you will participate in this event at your own risk and expense.
- You agree that (1) you have read and understood the Rules and Regulations attached hereto; (2) you will adhere to and comply with all the Rules and Regulations; (3) you will not in any circumstance hold the KL Bar Committee, the personnel involved in organising and/or sponsoring this event, their representatives, staff, employees, contractors responsible against any cost and expense, liability that may arise from your participation in this event; (4) you expressly waive all claims for any injuries, death, financial losses and invalidity to you or any of you which may be caused by any act, omission, or failure to act on the part of the organiser, sponsors, their representatives, staff, employees, contractors during the course of the KL BAR RUN 2018; (5) KL Bar Committee, the organiser, Malaysian Bar and/or Sponsors for KL BAR RUN 2018 shall have your unequivocal consent to process your Personal Data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for the purpose of this event and/or for other marketing purposes; and (6) You may receive marketing materials from Sponsors for KL BAR RUN 2018.
- We may collect your data through various ways including data and information voluntarily provided by you during registration.
- We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- (if applicable) to protect your vital interest or the vital interest of another person in a case where the consent cannot be given by or on your behalf;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- for the administration of justice or prevention or detection of a crime, or for purpose of investigations or for the purposes of public interest or legal proceedings;
- for execution of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law or was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court or any administrative or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the matter;
- for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- to contact you and maintain communication with you;
- for our internal record keeping;
- to send you seasonal greetings, messages or public service announcements;
- for marketing purpose;
- for any other purposes which you have explicitly consent to, whether contained herein or otherwise.
- We may share some of your personal data with the Malaysian Bar and/or our Sponsors.
- You hereby confirm that you have read this Privacy Statement and you fully understand the contents and extent of this Privacy Statement and you hereby signify your voluntary, explicit and unconditional acceptance and consent to your Personal Data being processed by us and/or Malaysian Bar and/or our Sponsors for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and to those classes of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement and that this Privacy Statement shall constitute sufficient NOTICE to you in relation to the process of Personal Data by us.
Please contact Ms. Lilian Lee at email@example.com