Date: 16th September 2017 (Saturday)
Time: 8.00pm till 12.00am
Venue: Padang Kawad UiTM Shah Alam
A - 15KM UiTM Students And Schoolchildren - RM75
B - 15KM UiTM Alumni And Public - RM85
C - 5KM UiTM Students And Schoolchildren - RM50
D - 5KM UiTM Alumni And Public - RM55
- All participants will receive Tshirts and finisher medals.
- Only participants for 15km race distance will be entitled to get the cash prize, and this ONLY applies to the first three male runners (men) and the first three female runners (women) unless technical disputes arise or any reason whatsoever which the Organizer deems fit to declare otherwise.
- All cash prizes, medals and event TShirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race shall receive a participation certificate after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the Cut-Off Time, or are disqualified or did not complete the race.
11th September 2017 (Monday)Time:
9:00am - 5:00pmVenue:
Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Each participants should collect the racepack at least one week prior to the event.
- Time and date of Race pack collection will be updated in social medial soon.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their racepacks. For avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her racepack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her racepack. Racepacks not collected 30 minutes prior to flag-off time will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Organizer shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
(Credit to Strava Route Builder)
There will be a refreshment station located at the junction near the Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Science (FSKM).
- Cars may be parked near the Padang Kawad, as marked by the UiTM Auxilliary Police. However, please note that the parking spaces are limited and may be taken up rather early by UiTM participants.
- You are advised to arrive early at the venue.
- Please do not park your car indiscriminately, and please follow the instructions by the UiTM Auxilliary Police accordingly.
Marshals will be stationed at strategic points along the race route.
Part A - General
Part B - Safety
- The UiTM Hat Run 2017 is organised by the Faculty of Applied Sciences, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Shah Alam in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R & Rs”) and all the terms and conditions state hereunder in this webpage are applicable to all Participants.
- By signing up/registering for the UiTM Hat Run 2017 and submitting information to the Organizer through this website, whether for the purpose of registering or otherwise, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the R & Rs and the Private Policy as published in the official Facebook page of the event at https://www.facebook.com/uitmhatrunofmalaysia2017/ in respect of the Organizer ’s collection, use, disclosure, and any other form of processing of your personal data.
- Completion of the online registration form herein confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide and be bound by these R & Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a receipt.
- The Participant agrees to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organizer may contact the Participant from time to time by way of e-mail, telephone call, or facsimile. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered with the Organizer shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, and/or if the Organizer has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, the Organizer may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration. The Organizer is also entitled to disqualify the team/participant in the event of the discovery of any such untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete information after the race is completed and/or any time of such discovery.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R & Rs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizer will endeavor to take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R & Rs will be updated in the official Facebook page of the event at https://www.facebook.com/uitmhatrunofmalaysia2017/ or via e-mail to you.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the UiTM Hat Run 2017 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the UiTM Hat Run 2017 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organizer, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the UiTM Hat Run 2017 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant, to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event and/or for whatever reason which UiTM Hat Run 2017 deems fit to do so, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day/ date of the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the UiTM Hat Run 2017, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete entry details.
Part C – Race Format
- Participant taking part in UiTM Hat Run 2017 at his or her own risk and shall be responsible for his or her own safety. The Organizer, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in UiTM Hat Run 2017. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner in respect of his or her health prior to registration and are advised to take prescribed medications (if necessary) and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
- The race route will NOT be closed to public for the duration of the race.
Cancellation & Disqualification
- Participants are encouraged to wear any type of hats or caps to fit with the theme of the event.
- Participants registering for the 5 km run are to complete ONE (1) loop of the race route with a distance of approximately 5 km. Participants registering for 15km are to complete THREE (3) loops of the race route for 15 km.
- The Organizer does not condone any form of cheating including any departure from the designated running route/course. Any form of cheating will result in immediate disqualification of the participant from the race.
- All participants will be provided with bibs that must be attached on the front of their running attire. Participants not wearing the official running bib will be disqualified from the run.
- There will be checkpoint(s) during the course of the race and any participant who return without the identification item given out at the checkpoint(s) will be disqualified from the race.
- There will be no timing chip provided.
- The participants are to assemble at the starting point 10 minutes before the flag-off time.
- The first three male participants and the first three female participants of the 15km race distance will be declared the winners (men and women categories) unless technical disputes arise or any reason whatsoever which the Organizer deems fit to declare otherwise.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed to be used by the Participants on the race route.
- No substitutions are allowed before or on race day without prior written consent from the Organizer .
Waiver & Acknowledgement Clause
- After registration and payment of registration fees, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the UiTM Hat Run 2017, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party after his or her registration is confirmed.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race OR does not fully complete the route will be disqualified.
- Participants who do not start running within 15 minutes from the flag-off time will be disqualified.
- Results as determined by the the Organizer shall be FINAL and no appeal will be allowed. No dispute will be entertained.
- The Organizer reserves all rights to disqualify any participants are found to be cheating, refusing to adhere to the R & Rs and/or in any way behaving in a manner which the Organizer in its absolute discretion found to be offensive or inappropriate.
- By registering, you hereby confirm that
- you have fulfilled with the race requirements as stated in the Rules and Regulations attached hereto and you are in good health and proper physical condition to participate in the UiTM Hat Run 2017;
- you are not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair your abilities to safely participate in the UiTM Hat Run 2017.
- You understand and acknowledge that the participation in the UiTM Hat Run 2017 may involve risks and dangers and you agree that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the UiTM Hat Run 2017 and you will participate in this event at your own risk and expense.
- You agree that
- you have read and understood the Rules and Regulations attached hereto;
- you will adhere to and comply with all the Rules and Regulations;
- you will not in any circumstance hold the Faculty of Applied Sciences (FSG) UiTM, the personnel involved in organising and/or sponsoring this event, their representatives, staff, employees, contractors responsible against any cost and expense, liability that may arise from your participation in this event;
- you expressly waive all claims for any injuries, death, financial losses and invalidity to you or any of you which may be caused by any act, omission, or failure to act on the part of the organiser, sponsors, their representatives, staff, employees, contractors during the course of the UiTM Hat Run 2017;
- UiTM, the organiser, Malaysian Bar and/or Sponsors for UiTM Hat Run 2017 shall have your unequivocal consent to process your Personal Data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for the purpose of this event and/or for other marketing purposes; and
- you may receive marketing materials from Sponsors for UiTM Hat Run 2017.
- We may collect your data through various ways including data and information voluntarily provided by you during registration.
- We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- (if applicable) to protect your vital interest or the vital interest of another person in a case where the consent cannot be given by or on your behalf;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- for the administration of justice or prevention or detection of a crime, or for purpose of investigations or for the purposes of public interest or legal proceedings;
- for execution of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law or was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court or any administrative or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the matter;
- for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- to contact you and maintain communication with you;
- for our internal record keeping;
- to send you seasonal greetings, messages or public service announcements;
- for marketing purpose;
- for any other purposes which you have explicitly consent to, whether contained herein or otherwise.
- We may share some of your personal data with our Sponsors.
- You hereby confirm that you have read this Privacy Statement and you fully understand the contents and extent of this Privacy Statement and you hereby signify your voluntary, explicit and unconditional acceptance and consent to your Personal Data being processed by us and/or Malaysian Bar and/or our Sponsors for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and to those classes of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement and that this Privacy Statement shall constitute sufficient NOTICE to you in relation to the process of Personal Data by us.
Please contact Amir 017-734 8830 or Aliff 017-322 7393